Friday, April 6, 2007

I Am A Privileged Man!


When I reflect on my life, I realize how privileged I am. The Lord has been so good to me; (better than I ever deserve). I am privileged to live in a country that allows so many opportunities to its citizens. I am privileged to have great health. I am privileged to be married to the best wife a man could possible have. I am privileged to have four great children. I am privileged to pastor a great church. But, my greatest privilege is to know Christ.

If you are a believer you also have been given this great privilege. Jesus spoke of our privilege in Luke 10:22 (NKJV) 22All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, and who the Father is except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.” Jesus says, to know the Father and the Son comes through revelation. I praise God for the fact that he has been revealed to me.


Notice what the next verse says: Luke 10:23 - 24 (NKJV) 23Then He turned to His disciples and said privately, “Blessed are the eyes which see the things you see; 24for I tell you that many prophets and kings have desired to see what you see, and have not seen it, and to hear what you hear, and have not heard it.” Jesus told the disciples how privileged they were to have seen what they had seen. Just read through the gospels and you will see many wonderful things the disciples experienced while following Jesus. They had seen the sight returned to the blind, lepers made whole, crippled healed, even the dead brought back to life. They had seen the forces of nature obey Jesus. They had seen the crucifixion and death of Jesus. They had seen the resurrected Lord. They had seen the ascension of Jesus.


The disciples were not the only privileged ones. Believers today are also living under many wonderful privileges. I have seen the Lord do so many amazing things. I have seen him change many lives with the gospel. I have had the opportunity to study the Word of God and learn many great truths from it.


I want to remind and encourage you, that your are also privileged, so live like it.


Pastor Larry

No comments: